WBCS ( West Bengal Civil Service )
West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), popularly known as W.B.C.S.(Exe), is the civil service of the Indian state of West Bengal. For the WBCS (Exe) and other comparative posts, Public Service Commission of West Bengal arranges competitive examinations in three phases every year. These phases are Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test.
A candidate must have the following qualifications which should be clearly stated in the application. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Govt. Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
A degree of a recognized University.
The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. Examination consists of two parts – (1) Written Examination and (2) Personality Test. Written Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) and (ii) Main Examination (Both Objective and Conventional Type). A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
Syllabus for WBPSC Civil Service 2019 WBCS (preliminary)
West Bengal Syllabus for English Composition
- Idioms and Phrases
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
WBCS 2019 Syllabus for General Science
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
West Bengal Civil Services Exam Syllabus For History
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Economic and political aspects.
WBCS Preliminary Syllabus for Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
WBCS Pre Syllabus for Indian Polity and Economy
- Panchayati Raj
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Community Development and Planning in India.
Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
West Bengal Civil Services Prelims Syllabus for General Mental Ability
- Logical perception
- Natural conclusion
WBPSC Civil Service 2019 WBCS (Mains)
Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
Paper II : English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
Paper III : General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV : General Studies-II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper V : The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
WBCS Mains Syllabus for Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Syllabus
- Precis Writing
- Drafting of Report
- Letter Writing
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc
WBCS Main Syllabus 2019 for English
- Letter writing
- Drafting of Report
- Precis Writing
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc
WBCS Syllabus 2019 for General Studies
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Geography of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Indian History.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- General Knowledge
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
WBCS Exam Syllabus 2019 for Indian Constitution\
- Central Finance Commission
- Constitution of India
- Role & Functions of RBI
- Planning process & Objectives of five years plan
- Central State Relation
- Indian Economy
- State Finance Commission
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy of Government of India
PSC West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2019 Syllabus for Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Diagrams Series
- Logical Deduction
- The implication of sentences
- Letter Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series
- Analogy tests
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical puzzles
- Symbol Interpretation
- Perception test
- The Odd man out
- The forcefulness of the Arguments
- Non-verbal reasoning etc
WBPSC Civil Services Syllabusfor Optional Subject
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.
Exam Pattern for WBCS Civil Service 2019
|S.No||Name of the Subjects||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|4||History of India||25|
|5||Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|7||Indian National Movement||25|
|8||General Mental Ability||25|
WBPSC Prelims Exam Details
- WBCS Prelims Exam will be Objective Type nature having 200 MCQ’s for 1 mark each
- Total marks for the preliminary examination will be 200.
- Total time duration for the preliminary exam will be two and a half hours.
|S.No||Type of Exam||Paper No||Name of the Subject||Total Marks||Duration of the test|
|1||Written Test||I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|III||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|IV||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|VII||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|VIII||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|2||Personality Test||200 Marks|
WBCS Civil Services Mains Exam Structure
- WBCS Mains examination Civil Services Main Exam consists of 6 Compulsory papers and 1 optional Subject of 2 papers (Only for Group A& B applied candidates).
- The time duration of West Bengal Civil Services Main Exam is 3 hours.
- PSC West Bengal Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
- Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each.
Visit official Website www.pscwbonline.gov.in
Download Full Syllabus in PDF Below :